Transport Officer (Part Time) (Temporary)
Job ID: 17354 Transport Officer (Part Time) (Temporary)
Agency: Department of Corrections
M inimum Salary: $17.89
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Seeking applicants to fill the role of an armed Transport Officer. This position will transport inmates to and from the South Dakota Women's Prison to outside medical appointments, parole hearings, or to other law enforcement agencies. The Transport Officer may be on call during assigned weekdays, overnights, weekends, and/or holidays. All necessary training will be provided.
Uniforms, vehicle, and equipment are provided. Valid driver's license required. Individual must pass Department of Corrections weapons training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- make sound decisions;
- think clearly and logically and respond quickly during emergencies;
- perform tasks with constant physical and mental alertness;
- identify problems and assess incidents or situations in a logical and methodical way;
- observe and recall inmate behavior, surroundings, and events;
- perform tasks with an inquisitive mind;
- work cooperatively with others as part of a team;
- maintain focus and remain positive and composed during crisis;
- recognize the relative importance of multiple tasks;
- operate two-way radios, firearms and restraining devices;
- exercise tact and discretion in dealing with others;
- communicate information clearly and concisely.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
Please note this is a temporary or seasonal, non-benefited position, exempt from civil service.
How to Apply:
Applicants have the option to fill out the online application ( https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FK6 ) or the State of South Dakota Seasonal/Temporary Application form ( https://bhr.sd.gov/files/seas-tempapp.pdf ) and email or mail it to the address listed below.
Applications can be emailed or mailed to:
Email to: Courtney.Jordan@state.sd.us
Or mail to:
3 200 East Highway 34
P ierre, SD 57501
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"