Telephone Service Representative
Job ID: 17062
Agency: Department of Revenue - Motor Vehicles
Salary: $14.90 - $15.65 per hour
Pay Grade: GE
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Revenue. For more information on the Department of Revenue, please visit http://dor.sd.gov .
This position is responsible for acting as the liaison between the public and the South Dakota Motor Vehicle Division. The Telephone service representative will interact with a diverse group of people to address customer service inquiries. Duties include advising the public, dealers and county staff as to how the laws and procedures apply to their particular circumstances and what processes must be followed to comply with vehicle ownership and registration. Extensive knowledge is required relating to administrative rules, policies, procedures and the operation of multiple computer data systems. The nature of the work requires investigative skills, independent judgement and logical decision making. We will train successful applicant on the state law and regulations.
Advancement opportunities available within the Division.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- experience in customer service;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- problem solving efficiencies.
- Motor vehicle tax, title and registration;
- Business English including grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- computer software applications.
- obtain and provide information by phone in a clear and courteous manner;
- maintain composure, efficiency, and a positive customer service attitude during periods of peak work load with frequent interruptions;
- exercise delegated authority to take action and to recognize when it is appropriate to seek assistance from others when limits of delegated authority have been reached;
- independently recognize and define a problem, identify the resources available to help solve the problem, create and implement viable solutions and follow through to ensure the problem is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties;
- multi-task and manage multiple duties and projects;
- work with all types of people and personalities.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F8Q
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"