Telecommunications Endpoint Architect
Job ID: 17143
Agency: Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, Telecommunications
Location: Statewide - Location Negotiable and has the option to be remote
Salary: $56,208.96 - $80,000 annually DOE
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, please visit http://bit.sd.gov .
This position designs, architects, optimizes, and engineers advanced, effective, modern workplace technologies supporting our customer endpoint systems. This position partners with leadership and our Service Delivery team to modern technology and drive efficiencies across a broad base of technologies with a focus on Windows PC's, Macs, system imaging, software, printers, and peripherals. Other skill sets include software package development and deployment, project management, PowerShell scripting, and remote system management. The technology engineering level assignment will be determined by the education and experience of the incumbent.
This position is exempt from the civil service act.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology Engineering, or related field preferred but not required;
- an understanding of IT Service Management and ITIL concepts;
- excellent customer facing skills, comfortable working with different levels of staff;
- excellent critical and analytical thinking skills;
- excellent communication skills.
- operating systems and End-User Compute hardware;
- IT asset system management practices;
- solid understanding of multiple disciplines such as operating systems, security, virtualization, networking, integration, endpoint devices, and/or cloud services
- remote system management practices including Ivanti and Microsoft InTune;
- device compliance monitoring and reporting;
- knowledge of trends and best practices in endpoint management;
- knowledge of security trends and best practices;
- understanding of PowerShell scripting and other automation tools.
- conceptualize and implement systems within broad technical or structural frameworks;
- partner with leadership and Service Delivery to analyze, redesign, and modernize technology and drive efficiencies;
- think in a technically creative manner with an open mind;
- research, evaluate, and implement new technologies with enthusiasm;
- coordinate activities and communicate effectively with clients, peers, and contractors;
- liaison with other technology teams to ensure any issues are resolved;
- test applications and deployment methodologies;
- diagnose and resolve system problems;
- ability to work in multiple languages in multiple operating systems;
- lead and work on large / complex system deployment projects in a team environment;
- work closely with system users in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns for complex projects;
- design, configure, implement, and maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures;
- engage in long-term strategic planning regarding systems development and integration;
- create and maintain documentation on standard operating procedures and system designs.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FF8
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
" An Equal Opportunity Employer"