System Developer/Software Engineer
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17011
Agency: Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, Development
Pay Grade: IT 4 - IT6, depending on qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, please visit http://bit.sd.gov .
Are you a talented, creative software development professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to help solve our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in working in one of the hottest areas of the market today, creating new solutions for our clients? System Developers and Software Engineers work closely with South Dakota state Agency staff to create and maintain business applications. Jobs in this family perform software engineering work that is focused on partnering with clients to understand their business processes, then to identify, define, and build applications that will assist the Agency in providing services to the citizens of the state. Incumbents work with a Bureau of Information and Telecommunications mentor to perform application development tasks depending on the skills of the incumbent.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- degree in Information Systems, Computer science or equivalent work experience;
- experience in Agile/Scrum Methodology;
- experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) implementations;
- demonstrated experience executing the SDLC against large systems implementations;
- experience with solution development and application architecture with JEE(J2EE) or .Net;
- experience performing conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques;
- leadership and project management are beneficial;
- experience in Microsoft products (MS Visual Studio, Visio, .NET Framework, SQL, Power BI, Project).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- apply application design and coding standards;
- reason logically, analyze and resolve business problems;
- build and maintain effective relationships with co-workers;
- communicate information concisely and accurately, both oral and written;
- develop a strong customer service work ethic;
- Pay attention to detail;
- work in a team environment;
- adapt to changing needs;
- take initiative;
- project management;
- principles, theories, and concepts of computer science;
- business process analysis;
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) , and experience performing functional Requirements Definition;
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Azure DevOps for ALM;
- process modeling;
- concepts of relational database modeling concepts and Microsoft SQL;
- database management systems;
- reporting systems such as SQL Server Reporting Services or Crystal Reports;
- development of applications using Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework;
- UI Framework (Bootstrap, AJAX, JQuery, HTML5, CSS);
Additional Requirements: To be considered, please attach a resume to your application.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F6O
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
" An Equal Opportunity Employer"