Senior Building Maintenance Worker
Sioux Falls, SD
Job ID: 16889
Agency: Department of Military; South Dakota Air National Guard
Salary: $14.90 - $16.00 per hour; depending on experience
Pay Grade: GE
For more information on the Department of the Military, please visit http://military.sd.gov/ .
Primary duties for this position will be preventive maintenance performed on equipment and buildings at the South Dakota Air National Guard Base which includes HVAC equipment, doors, gates, vehicle barriers, water heaters, heaters, air compressors, garage doors and grounds maintenance. This position will work four 10 hour days, 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday.
Work schedule may vary due to emergency situations. The incumbent will be required to be on a snow removal team during the winter as schedule requires.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- the methods and practices of general building or facility maintenance;
- building construction;
- tools and equipment associated with the tasks of the position;
- the specific trade area associated with the duties of the position;
- familiar with heating and cooling systems, electrical and plumbing maintenance.
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- establish timetables for projects;
- follow oral and written instructions;
- deal tactfully with others;
- complete delegated tasks;
- read and understand blueprints and drawings;
- operate required tools and equipment;
- lift 50 pounds or more;
- work from ladders, scaffolding, or in confined areas;
- work outdoors;
- operate computers.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F0C
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"A Equal Opportunity Employer"