Senior Building Maintenance Worker - Carpentry
Job ID: 16766
Agency: Bureau of Administration - Division of Buildings and Grounds
Salary: $14.90 - $16.76 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GE
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
For more information on the Bureau of Administration, please visit https://boa.sd.gov/ .
This position is responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials, including wood and steel, throughout the Capitol Complex.
- prepare the layout of the projects, work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- erect scaffolding and work on top of stilts, ladders, and top beams of buildings.
- remodel state-owned buildings and installing partitions, cabinets, doors, and windows.
- locates problems, determines appropriate procedures, and makes repairs or adjustments.
- consults with administrative personnel and prepares plans in conjunction with new construction to ensure that systems meet the building's complex needs and comply with existing standards and codes.
- reviews and monitors construction plans and existing structures for compliance with local and state building codes.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- local, state, and federal building codes;
- appropriate installation and repair techniques;
- electrical and mechanical engineering and design;
- the functions of various electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- read and follow blueprints;
- interpret technical specifications and regulations;
- operate the necessary tools of the trade;
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- deal tactfully and work effectively with others.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=EUN
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"