Senior Analyst/Business Analyst - Enterprise Process and Policy Engineer
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17213
Agency: Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, Development
Salary: $52,701.12 - $73,205.28, depending on experience
Pay Grade: IT6
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information & Telecommunications, please visit https://bit.sd.gov/ .
The Bureau of Information and Telecommunications has a full-time permanent position in the State of South Dakota for an Enterprise Process and Policy Engineer with an emphasis in process quality assurance and policy analysis. Our clients consist of 17 State Agencies, 4 Bureaus, and 8 Elected Offices. With us, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging work, you will have the opportunity to provide recommendations on quality assurance policies and procedures as well as identifying continuous improvement opportunities within BIT Development. Enterprise Process and Policy Engineer level assignment will be determined by the education and experience of the incumbent.
Benefits of working for the State of South Dakota include:
- 6% fully matched retirement plan. Includes long term disability and family survivor benefits;
- longevity Pay;
- $25,000 paid life insurance;
- flexible work schedule;
- generous leave policies;
- stable industry sector;
- ability to maintain a great work/life balance;
- little to no travel;
- little to no over-time.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience related to the position's role;
- experience in Agile/Scrum Methodology;
- experience in software development life cycle (SDLC);
- experience in policy and technical writing;
- experience in quality control (QC), data analysis, inspection, and auditing;
- experience with implementation of corrective action programs;
- experience in Microsoft products (Visio, Power BI, Project, Azure DevOps);
- experience in ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM);
- experience facilitating meetings and discussion groups;
- knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance (QA);
The candidate will work as part of a team to define and implement quality assurance standards. They will be responsible for conducting audits of the SDLC, including processes, Azure DevOps, and PPM. The candidate will also be responsible for writing and maintaining information technology policies and procedures.
Job Tasks, Duties
- draft, interpret, and implement quality assurance policies and procedures;
- review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems;
- maintain and monitor adherence to BIT Development standards for documentation, processes, and SDLC;
- plan, conduct, and monitor inspection of materials to ensure finished product quality;
- provide audit findings to BIT management;
- document internal audits and other quality assurance activities;
- investigate SDLC, process, and project non-compliance issues;
- collect and compile statistical data;
- analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system;
- develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions;
- prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities;
- identify training needs and organize training initiatives to meet quality standards;
- assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirement;
- develop and maintain information technology security policies and procedures.
Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
- customer service orientated;
- advanced written skills with emphasis on documentation;
- strong verbal and listening skills;
- data collection, management, and analysis;
- driven with a willingness to learn;
- attention to detail;
- problem analysis and problem solving;
- willingness to take initiative;
- decision-making skills;
- works well in a team atmosphere;
- two or more years of hands-on experience performing quality assurance duties;
- de monstrated experience in implementing information technology best practices;
- innovative, creative thinker with the ability to envision ways of doing things more effectively;
- experience with Visio and flowchart diagrams.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your resume to your application.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FFC
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
" An Equal Opportunity Employer"