Sioux Falls, SD
Job ID: 17038
Agency: Department of Social Services/Division of Child Protection Services
Salary: $13.47 - $15.15 per hour
Pay Grade: GD
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/ .
This position performs a variety of support functions including greeting customers; providing current information on services provided; opening and routing mail; establishing and maintaining computerized or manual files; scheduling appointments; encoding, accessing and retrieving on-line customer information; routing mail and phone calls; and typing various letters and forms.
- general office procedures;
- business letter writing, and English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; concisely provide information, explanations and instructions; and elicit information from others with varying levels of ability to understand;
- obtain and provide information by phone in a clear and courteous manner;
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy, and tact when interacting with others;
- maintain composure, efficiency and a positive customer-service oriented manner during periods of peak workload, with frequent interruptions;
- organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow-up with minimal direction;
- operate office equipment such as a photocopier, fax machine, and calculator;
- enter and retrieve data from computer system;
- independently recognize and define a problem; identify the resources available to help solve the problem; create and implement viable solutions; and follow through to ensure the problem is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties;
- exercise delegated authority to take action, and to recognize when it is appropriate to seek assistance from others when limits of delegated authority have been reached.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F74
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
" An Equal Opportunity Employer"