Eagle Butte, SD
Job ID: 16770
Agency: Department of Social Services/Division of Economic Assistance
Salary: $13.47 - $15.15 per hour
Pay Grade: GD
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/ .
Why the Department of Social Services?
At the Department of Social Services (DSS), family is everything. It's the foundation of what we do every day through provision of services to strengthen and support the citizens of South Dakota. Our work is driven with our vision to build Strong Families, South Dakota's Foundation and Our Future. We believe families have the right to be safe and secure. We also believe in respecting individual and cultural differences by treating people with dignity, fairness, and respect. And, we believe in collaborative communications, teamwork, partnerships and trust for essential family services. Sound intriguing?
As a Department of Social Services employee, you will have a chance to experience:
- Creativity - We are always looking for innovative ideas to help us achieve improved outcomes.
- Making a difference - You will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of fellow South Dakotans.
- Professional development - We provide valuable trainings to ensure staff is well-trained, competent, accountable and empowered and will assist you in reaching your career goals.
- Teamwork - In a team-oriented approach, you will have the ability to work cooperatively with others in a friendly work environment to achieve shared goals.
Who we want:
- a highly motivated and experienced person with a passion for serving the public who displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- a compassionate individual who listens attentively to others and clearly conveys information and ideas;
- a dependable and organized individual who effectively plans and organizes work activities;
- a person who is dedicated and who will represent the Department of Social Services with integrity and enthusiasm;
- an individual who works cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate to achieve shared goals.
What you will do:
We are currently looking to hire an individual who is excited to serve the public.
This position provides clerical/secretarial support which includes tasks such as greeting the public both in person and on the Telephone, composing and finalizing correspondence, establishing and maintaining filing systems, creating and maintaining databases, gathering and providing information, and recording fiscal activities to support office operations.
The ideal candidate will:
- communicate effectively and efficiently;
- successfully plan and organize work activities, adjust to multiple demands, and prioritize tasks to complete assignments and meet schedules and deadlines;
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy and tact when interacting with others;
- establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with other employees and the public;
- understand concepts related to client confidentiality;
- prepare clear and concise documentation, reports and correspondence that reflect relevant facts.
If you believe in strengthening and supporting strong families and investing in South Dakota's future, you may have found the dream job you've been waiting for!
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC : If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=EUZ
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"