Occupational Therapy Assistant
Job ID: 17440
Agency: Department of Social Services/South Dakota Human Services Center
Salary: $18.36 per hour DOQ
Pay Grade: GG
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the South Dakota Human Services Center. For more information on the South Dakota Human Services Center, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/ .
This position, under the direction of a registered occupational therapist, provides community preparedness outings, groups and one-on-one activities to further patients' independence and prepare them for discharge to a less restrictive environment.
The primary working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. but may vary according to needs of facility.
Licenses and Certifications:
Occupational Therapy Assistants must be licensed by the South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners as specified in SDCL 36-31. Certified by National Board of Certification for Occupational Therapy.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- the methods, techniques, and purposes of occupational or physical therapy;
- therapeutic interventions and behavior modification;
- possible injury or hazards associated with specific treatments and the necessary precautionary and remedial measures to avoid injury;
- anatomy and physiology enough to position and treat patients effectively.
- establish trust and rapport with patients and staff in a rehabilitation setting;
- accurately observe and record patient behavior and patient progress in an occupational or physical therapy program;
- conduct research;
- prepare and revise training sessions;
- follow instructions;
- recognize contradictions of treatment;
- initiate new and effective treatment.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FO3
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
" An Equal Opportunity Employer"