Motor Vehicle Title Processor
Job ID: 17478
Agency: Department of Revenue - Division of Motor Vehicles
Salary: $13.47-$14.15 per hour
Pay Grade: GD
Closes: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Revenue. For more information on the Department of Revenue, please visit http://dor.sd.gov .
Why the Department of Revenue
At the Department of Revenue (DOR), culture is everything. It's at the heart of what we do for our employees, community, and our customers - the citizens of South Dakota. Our work is driven with a vision to create an open and collaborative environment that provides professional customer service, contributes to a favorable economic climate, and is accountable to the citizens of South Dakota. Sound like a good fit? As a Department of Revenue employee, here's what you'll experience -
- Innovation -We are always looking for new ways to push forward and evolve.
- Professional Growth - We provide new challenges for you to tackle and provide valuable trainings.
- Career Development - Investing in our employees' development starts with our on-boarding, mentoring, and leadership programs.
- Fit - Getting to do what you do best every day.
- Collaboration - Ability to work with all divisions within the department as a member of the DOR team.
- Community Involvement - Opportunities to support local organizations throughout the year.
Who we want
When problems occur, you don't get frazzled but you are quick on your feet to find a solution?
Do you enjoy serving others and providing top-notch service to the department's customers, leadership, and other employees?
What you will do
The Motor Vehicle Title Processor is responsible for reviewing title applications and related documents to issue Certificates of Title for all types of motor vehicles including passenger vehicles, trucks, trailers, boats, and motorcycles. The Department of Revenue provides an extensive training program to educate employees on related state laws, regulations and processes. This position will work as part of the Motor Vehicle Division team to achieve optimal solutions and efficiencies related to title processing and motor vehicle records.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience working in collaborative team environments and demonstrating effective time management and organizational skills;
- high attention to detail;
- communication abilities including spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
- basic knowledge and use of the Microsoft Office Suite software (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- ability to interpret information, laws, and policies and communicate effectively;
- equally important will be a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, discretion, confidentiality, and a positive attitude;
- computer and data systems knowledge;
- ability to problem solve in an effort to reach optimal solutions and efficiencies;
- capability to implement changes to existing systems or new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
If you enjoy a fast pace, working with a fun group, and are comfortable both implementing and accepting changes, you're going to enjoy this position!
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FQ1
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"