Medical Travel Specialist (Telephone Service Representative)
Job ID: 16441
Agency: Department of Social Services/Division of Medical Services
Salary: $14.90 per hour
Pay Grade: GE
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/ .
The Division of Finance, Office of Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is seeking a Medical Travel Specialist who will assist Non-emergency Medicaid Travel (NEMT) providers and recipients with their travel claims. Duties include responding to calls from providers and recipients to identify and resolve issues related to the submission and processing of travel claims and billings.
Our Team: Dependable. Committed. Compassionate. As a member of the Department of Social Services you will be part of a team of professionals who are dependable, committed and compassionate. We believe collaborative communication, teamwork, partnerships, and trust are foundational to the delivery of essential family services. We are looking for an articulate professional who is organized, energetic, motivated and dependable. This individual must be driving by our vision to build Strong Families, South Dakota's Foundation and Our Future.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages using a calculator;
- proficient keyboarding skills (typing and 10-key);
- working knowledge of the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- claims processing practices and procedures (preferred but not required);
- comprehend, properly apply, interpret and explain department fiscal policies and state statutes and rules to others;
- demonstrate customer service, compassion, respect, courtesy and tact when interacting with others;
- understand and apply written instructions;
- communicate information clearly and concisely, including obtaining and providing information by phone in a courteous manner;
- compare information and recognize discrepancies;
- utilize computerized data systems;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=EE4
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"