Long Term Care Social Worker (BSW)
Job ID: 17480
Agency: Department of Social Services/South Dakota Human Services Center/Geriatrics
Salary: $19.70 per hour plus $1.50 per hour weekend Pay
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/ .
This position provides direct social services to meet the needs of adult patients in an inpatient psychiatric nursing home setting. Specific duties include serving as a link between the patient, families, and community resources, as well as abuse prevention, coordination of transfers from acute to long term care and discharge planning.
This position will primarily work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, but may vary according to needs of facility.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
B achelors Degree in social work or related field preferred.
- social, behavioral, psychological, and physical effects of aging and dementia;
- community resources for patients needing assistance with activities of daily living;
- mental health commitments;
- ethical standards, principles, and practices of social work, counseling, and human behavior;
- current social, economic, and health trends and services, and the ability to adapt trends to practical program applications and link clients with services needed;
- interviewing and other information gathering techniques;
- assessment principles and techniques;
- the diagnosis and treatment of co-occurring disorders;
- Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) process.
- identify symptoms of mental health and co-occurring disorders;
- remain calm with difficult patients and individuals;
- develop cooperative and satisfactory contacts with clients, patients, relatives, physicians, social agencies, community officials, and other administrative officials;
- write meaningful, concise, and accurate reports and correspondence;
- work collaboratively with community resources;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations;
- communicate effectively with a wide variety of people;
- assess social service needs, complete social assessments and social histories, and identify and obtain programs or services sufficient to meet these needs;
- obtain reliable information.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
NCRC : If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FPV
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"