Sioux Falls, SD
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17234
Agency: Department of Labor & Regulation
Salary: $19.70 per hour
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Labor & Regulation. For more information on the Department of Labor & Regulation, please visit http://dlr.sd.gov .
Typical office environment. May conduct some duties outside of the office to attend meetings with partnering agencies. All Employment Specialist positions are expected to work from the office as remote work is not an option.
At the SD Department of Labor and Regulation - Sioux Falls Job Service, our Core Values are: Customer Service, Teamwork, Respect, Communication and Integrity. If you have a passion for serving your fellow South Dakotans in an environment where you work with others that behold the Golden Rule, you are a great communicator, and reliable, then we want to hear from you! All Employment Specialist positions are expected to work from the office as remote work is not an option.
All programs administered by the SD Department of Labor and Regulation are designed to enhance the participant's ability to increase skill levels and obtain meaningful employment.
Employment Specialists will:
- complete assessments to identify job skills as well as factors that limit potential employment opportunities;
- enroll participants in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program;
- provide individualized case management and counseling services to assist participants in removing barriers to employment;
- develop employment plans, monitor program compliance, and coordinate services with resource agencies in the community;
- implement job development and training opportunities for participants with various barriers to employment;
- set up on-the-job training and occupational skills training plans;
- deliver job search preparation presentations;
- case manage customers both in-person and virtually using the Microsoft Teams platform;
- document all case management activities in detail.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A bachelor's degree in related coursework is preferred.
- NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. A score of silver or higher is preferred.
- It is very important for candidates to be able to use a personal computer, have specific knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and have the ability to work with various software programs.
- case management, interviewing and counseling techniques;
- program eligibility requirements;
- principles of human behavior and motivation;
- employment programs and community resources;
- labor market and economic conditions in a local area;
- marketing techniques to employers and human resource professionals to build effective working relationships;
- local educational, social services and support services offered in our community.
- partner with customers to develop employment goals and action steps;
- accurately maintain all required documentation, notes and follow-up attempts;
- follow all program policies and procedures;
- use all technology available to manage communication with participants, program partners and co-workers;
- develop and maintain relationships with participants, program partners, employers and co-workers;
- teach job search workshops as needed;
- communicate information clearly;
- effectively speak to individuals and or small groups of participants or employers about program services.
- effectively work with program participants who may have barriers to employment;
- build and maintain effective working relationships with employers, program partners, and co-workers to work towards participant success.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your resume and cover letter
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FFH
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"