Covid-19 Outreach Specialist (Temporary)
Job ID: 17443
Temporary Position - Covid-19 Outreach Specialist
Agency: Department of Health
Minimum Salary: $19.07 per hour
Closing date: Open until filled
This position will be full time for the Department of Health (DOH) Outreach Center.
- Fulfilling data entry needs.
- Assisting with shipping at the inventory center.
- Answering 15-20 calls per day regarding requests for letters.
- Must be able to utilize technology, specifically researching websites for information and referral for callers, entering data into a database, and extracting data for the completion of reporting requirements from database entries.
- Must be able to communicate with multiple teams utilizing Microsoft Teams and email. Determine what type of concerns/questions should be brought forward to Call Center Supervisors and Disease Intervention Supervisors.
- Complete weekly reports to include total call volume, top concerns, and report information from the 211 Helpline Center, 1-800-COVID19, and notify the DOH teams of outstanding daily tasks assigned. Complete mailings and monitor the Call Center email for information received from others.
- Conduct initial interview/investigation calls of positive individuals prior to initial to DOH investigators calls, collect demographics including living arrangements, daily activities, signs and symptoms, underlying medical conditions, etc., and names and phone numbers of close contacts.
- Conduct contact tracing calls informing individuals of quarantine status.
- Conduct calls who are close to completing their 10 day isolation period to ask questions related to current symptoms for the purpose of release to isolation.
This position typically works Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. In some circumstances, may need coverage outside of these days and hours.
Please note this is a temporary or seasonal, non-benefited position, exempt from civil service.
Must apply online : https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FO8
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"