Correctional Unit Coordinator
Job ID: 17508
Agency: Department of Corrections/South Dakota Women's Prison
Salary: $19.70 per hour
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: 10/27/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Corrections. For more information on the Department of Corrections, please visit https://doc.sd.gov/ .
This position holds a key role in the daily activities of the South Dakota Women's Prison. The position maintains frequent contact with incarcerated offenders in many areas of the facility. Duties include hiring offenders for employment and special projects internally or outside the facility with the community service program; assisting our pregnant offenders and maintaining specific gender responsive programs such as the Mother Infant Program and Parents and Children Together; enforcing the offender banking rules for transfers and banking funds; assisting offenders to resolve issues or concerns they may encounter while incarcerated; and providing motivation, guidance, and opportunities to the offenders in our care to help change criminal behavior.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- basic human physical and psychological needs;
- basic social skills;
- concepts, principles, and practices related to the rehabilitation of criminal offenders;
- attitude, problems, and behavior of incarcerated individuals;
- programs available for rehabilitation of prison inmates;
- general sociological and psychological factors effecting human behavior.
- communicate and document logically, accurately, and concisely all pertinent information and decisions;
- make proper responses to safety and security problems;
- review and summarize social, psychological, and inmates'/trusties' personal background reports;
- relate to and establish rapport with inmates/trusties and to assist them in their initial adaptation to prison life;
- plan, organize, schedule, and direct the work of others;
- apply department policies and institution operations memoranda and procedures for the assigned program;
- maintain composure under stressful conditions or tense situations and de-escalate the situation(s).
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FR L
Y ou must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
" An Equal Opportunity Employer"