Job ID: 17501
Agency: Department of Game, Fish and Parks/Parks Division
Location: Indian Creek Recreation Area - Mobridge, SD
Salary: $17.36 per hour
Pay Grade: GF
Closing Date: 10/26/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Game, Fish and Parks. For more information on the Department of Game, Fish and Parks, please visit https://gfp.sd.gov/ .
This position is responsible for maintaining park facilities, grounds, vehicles and equipment; prepares and maintains records and reports of work accomplished to ensure the quality of the park infrastructure is sound, presentation of the park is accessible and inviting, and maximum customer service is provided.
Incumbent must be able work outside, often times independently, in all weather conditions and perform physical labor.
Licenses and Certifications:
This position will require a chemical applicator's license within 60 days of hire date. CDL with endorsements may be required if future needs arise.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Experience with facility management and grounds keeping, equipment operation and repair, and noxious weed control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- staff management practices sufficient to interview, train, provide work direction, and evaluate employees;
- diagnostic and repair methods for a wide variety of vehicles and equipment;
- safe-operating guidelines for equipment;
- noxious weeds;
- chemicals for spraying weeds, methods and rates of application , safe use and handling practices, and spraying equipment;
- janitorial and sanitation procedures, chemicals, materials, and supplies;
- landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and electrical repair;
- record keeping and report writing.
- ability to work in a team environment as well as independently;
- clearly provide work direction to others based on evaluation of their capabilities;
- organize and complete assigned projects;
- diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment;
- use a variety of power and hand tools including welders and torches;
- operate, maintain, and transport small and medium sized equipment;
- identify tree and weed species by sight;
- handle, transport ,and apply chemicals safely;
- follow instructions;
- communicate sufficiently to convey instructions and information about assigned work.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FRD
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"