PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 16776 Agency: Department of Public Safety - State Radio Communications Location: Huron Salary: $17.36 per hour Pay Grade: GF Closing Date: Open Until Filled
For more information on the Department of Public Safety, please visit http://dps.sd.gov .
State Radio Communications provides a vital link for Public Safety. State Radio Communications maintains communications with law enforcement personnel and monitors their activity while they are out of their vehicles. Communication Specialists reviews, researches, relays, compiles, and logs information received through the State Radio Communications network to provide information to state, federal, and local law enforcement agencies, personnel, and the public.
This position may require a rotating schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Shift differential Pay offered for night and weekend shifts.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have :
High School Diploma or equivalent
- communication network operating procedures;
- basic law enforcement and emergency response procedures;
- radio codes, procedures, and etiquette;
- basic computer operations, including Microsoft Office software;
- the geography, highways, counties, and communities of the state.
- operate a computer based multi-talk group communications system, multi-line electronic key;
- Telephone network, and a computer operating terminal simultaneously;
- use a computer keyboard;
- speak using good clarity, tone, volume, syntax, grammar, inflections, and modulation;
- organize, condense, and transmit large amounts of information into brief concise summaries;
- maintain logs, manuals, and reference material in accordance with Agency or institution;
- policy and with FCC regulations.
- manage time effectively;
- listen and be patient with callers in order to determine what it is they are trying to say;
- read maps, multiple computer terminals, and printouts quickly and accurately;
- deal tactfully with and work effectively with law enforcement officers, emergency response;
- personnel, field units, Agency personnel, and the public;
- work alone;
- work irregular hours, holidays, and weekends;
- listen and respond timely to instructions or requests for information;
- exercise good judgment;
- prioritize radio and Telephone calls while remaining calm during emergencies and responding appropriately concerning the urgency of the situations;
- maintain confidential information.
Additional Requirements: Please attach a resume with your application.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
NCRC : If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=EV8
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"