Child Care Program Specialist
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17053
Agency: Department of Social Services/Division of Economic Assistance, Child Care Services
Salary: $23.87 - $27.54 per hour, depending on qualifications
Pay Grade: GJ
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/ .
The Child Care Program provides qualifying families help with child care expenses.
What you will do:
The Program Specialist I will guide in the development and implementation of policy and procedure related to the Child Care Assistance Program to ensure that the program operates within set standards and laws and that services are delivered efficiently and effectively; provide technical assistance to program staff and other agencies; provide supervision and training to five Child Care Assistance Caseworkers; and provide support for the implementation of federal requirements relating to the Child Care & Development Block Grant.
As a member of the Department of Social Services you will be part of a team of professionals who are dependable, committed, and compassionate. We believe collaborative communication, teamwork, partnerships, and trust are foundational to the delivery of essential family services.
Who we want:
- a highly motivated and experienced person with a passion for serving the public and displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- a compassionate individual who listens attentively to others and clearly conveys information and ideas;
- a dependable and organized individual who effectively plans and organizes work activities;
- a person who is dedicated and who will represent the Department of Social Service with integrity and enthusiasm;
- an individual who works cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate in order to achieve shared goals.
A Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, business administration, public administration, or other human service related field is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- communicate effectively and efficiently;
- successfully plan and organize work activities, adjust to multiple demands, and prioritize tasks to complete assignments and meet schedules and deadlines;
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy and tact when interacting with others;
- display confidence and innovation despite adversity;
- establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders;
- understand concepts related to client confidentiality;
- have the ability to comprehend, interpret and apply policies, procedures, laws and regulations related to child care subsidy;
- prepare clear and concise documentation, reports and correspondence that reflect relevant facts;
- conceptualize needed change and initiate appropriate activities to move from concepts to implementation.
Equally important will be a strong work ethic and the comprehension of critical thinking and problem solving techniques. If you believe in strengthening and supporting strong families and investing in South Dakota's future, you may have found the dream job you've been waiting for!
Additional Requirements: To be considered, please attach a resume.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F7S
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"