CAD Technician (Traffic CAD Technician) ($2,000 hiring incentive)
*** $2,000 Hiring Incentive! ***
Current Department of Transportation Employees do NOT qualify for Hiring Incentive
Job ID: 17318
Agency: Department of Transportation / Division of Planning and Engineering / Road Design
Location: Pierre or Rapid City, t his position has an option to be remote.
Salary: $19.94 - $20.93 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GG
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Transportation. For more information about the Department of Transportation, please visit http://dot.sd.gov/ . This position has an option to be remote.
This position (Traffic CAD Technician) creates and assembles traffic signal, lighting, pavement marking, and utility plans for Department of Transportation highway projects. Duties include, but are not limited to creating traffic and/or utility graphic files by using and updating geometry files and traffic files; creating traffic signals and lighting plans by developing title and/or section title sheets, quantity sheets, plan sheets, and standard plate sheets and determining material quantities; creating pavement marking plans by developing section title sheets, plan sheets, and standard plate sheets, and determining material quantities; creating utility plans by developing section title sheets and plan sheets; revising CADD Manual to ensure manuals are accurate and up-to-date, and updating Traffic Cell Library with new and revised cells for use in traffic plans.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have :
An associate's degree in civil engineering, land surveying science technology, civil drafting technology or related degree, including some experience in computer assisted drafting and design; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- structure construction plans (preferred but not required);
- basic electrical principles and methods (preferred but not required);
- standard terminology, techniques and practices of drafting and graphic designs.
- utilize MicroStation/InRoads or similar computer aided drafting (CAD) software;
- mathematically calculate structure material quantities.
- display high standards of ethical conduct;
- adjust effectively to changing, new, or different situations at work;
- attend to all details of assignments and completes work properly, accurately, and thoroughly;
- treat customers courteously and is responsive to their needs;
- display a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- set priorities, schedule activities, acquire resources, and monitor progress to ensure the successful completion of projects and assignments;
- work cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate in order to achieve shared goals.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FIZ
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"