CAD Technician (Right-of-Way CAD Technician) ($2,000 hiring incentive)
*** $2,000 Hiring Incentive! ***
Current Department of Transportation Employees do NOT qualify for Hiring Incentive
Job ID: 17137 Agency: Department of Transportation / Division of Planning and Engineering / Office of Road Design Salary: $19.94 - $20.93 per hour, depending on experience Pay Grade: GG Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Transportation. For more information on the Department of Transportation, please visit https://dot.sd.gov/ .
The Right-of-Way CAD Technician creates and assembles right-of-way plans and plats for Department of Transportation projects. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- creating proposed right-of-way geometry and graphics for use in construction plans, right-of-way plans, and plats;
- drafting aerial photo layouts for public and landowner meetings;
- drafting right-of-way plan sheet graphics files and assembling right-of-way plans set;
- drafting right-of-way plat graphics files and assembling the project plats set;
- updating parcel information in HW07 ROW Parcel Inventory database to ensure parcel information is available to Department of Transportation personnel;
- editing the Department's CADD Manual and/or participating in the editing of the Department's Road Design Manual to ensure manuals are accurate and up to date.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Applicants possessing an associate's degree in civil engineering, land surveying science technology, civil drafting technology or a related degree, including some experience in computer assisted drafting and design, or any equivalent combination of training and experience are preferred.
- construction plans, plats, and legal property descriptions;
- standard terminology, techniques, and practices of drafting;
- computer aided design software.
- use MicroStation, AutoCAD or similar computer aided drafting (CAD) software;
- mathematically calculate material quantities.
- communicate effectively and confidently with team members and customers;
- adjust effectively to changing, new or unique work situations;
- display a high standard of ethical conduct;
- attend to all details of assignments and complete work properly, accurately, and thoroughly;
- set priorities, schedule activities, acquire resources and monitor progress to ensure the successful completion of projects and assignments;
- work cooperatively with others and promote a friendly work climate to achieve shared goals;
- display high levels of effort and commitment to completing assignments and to producing complete, high quality deliverables.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. An NCRC Certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FAY
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"