CAD Technician (Grading CAD Technician)($2,000 hiring incentive)
*** $2,000 Hiring Incentive! ***
Current Department of Transportation Employees do NOT qualify for Hiring Incentive
Job ID: 17136
Agency: Department of Transportation / Division of Planning and Engineering / Office of Road Design
Salary: $19.94 - $20.93 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GG
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Transportation. For more information on the Department of Transportation, please visit https://dot.sd.gov/ .
Are you ready to work for a dynamic, award winning state Agency that is dedicated to providing the citizens of South Dakota better lives through better transportation? This CAD Technician position may be your opportunity to put your knowledge, skills, and experience to work for the South Dakota Department of Transportation while continuing to grow and develop.
The Office of Road Design is currently recruiting for a CAD Technician (Grading). The incumbent in this position will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of roadway projects and work with multiple design engineers.
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to: creating strip maps; creating graphic (CAD) files by using and updating geometry files; creating construction plans, including title sheets, quantity sheets, plan and profile sheets, layout sheets, special and standard detail sheets; provide quality assurance peer reviews; revise the Department's CADD Manual and the Road Design Manual to ensure CAD standards and procedures are up to date; and, update Cell Libraries with new or revised cells for use in construction plans.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Applicants possessing an associate's degree in civil engineering, civil drafting technology or a related degree, including some experience in computer assisted drafting and design, or any equivalent combination of training and experience are preferred.
- construction plans;
- standard terminology, techniques, and practices of drafting;
- computer aided design software.
- use MicroStation, AutoCAD or similar computer aided drafting (CAD) software;
- mathematically calculate material quantities.
- communicate effectively and confidently with team members and customers;
- adjust effectively to changing, new or unique work situations;
- display a high standard of ethical conduct;
- attend to all details of assignments and complete work properly, accurately, and thoroughly;
- set priorities, schedule activities, acquire resources and monitor progress to ensure the successful completion of projects and assignments;
- work cooperatively with others and promote a friendly work climate to achieve shared goals;
- display high levels of effort and commitment to completing assignments and to producing complete, high quality deliverables.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. An NCRC Certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FAU
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"