Job ID: 16610
Agency: Unified Judicial System, Fifth Judicial Circuit
Salary: $11.63 per hour
Closing date: Open Until Filled
For more information on the Unified Judicial System, please visit http://ujs.sd.gov .
This is a temporary non-benefited on-call position. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that while supervising and attending to the needs of the jurors, no person, including the bailiff, communicates with the jurors during the course of the trial except in the manner permitted by order of the court; prepare the courtroom for jury trial; and maintain order during the trial.
Duties may include:
- arranging the court room for jury trials and possibly magistrate court and ensuring security of the courtroom to include an adequate setting, functional equipment, courtroom decorum, and safety;
- attending the needs of the jury to ensure proper procedures and processes are followed during and before the trial;
- carrying out directives issued by the Judge during court proceedings to ensure proper procedures and protocol;
- performing other work as assigned.
No formal education or experience is required.
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation is required for employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- the criminal justice system;
- courtroom procedures and decorum.
- communicate effectively;
- understand oral and written instructions;
- remember court dates and schedules.
The State of South Dakota, Unified Judicial System does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The Unified Judicial System as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
Apply at: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=EMJ Unified Judicial System
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"