PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID:17497 Agency: Public Utilities Commission Salary: $20.00 or more per hour, depending upon experience Closing date: Open Until Filled.
This is a full-time position with the Public Utilities Commission. For more information on the Public Utilities Commission, please visit http://puc.sd.gov/ .
This position provides administrative support to the South Dakota Public Utilities Commission. This is a full-time, 40 hours-per-week position in Pierre, South Dakota. The administrative specialist will work in a front office environment, work closely other administrative staff members and report to the deputy executive director. Visit www.puc.sd.gov for more information about the PUC.
Specific duties include:
- answering and directing incoming calls using a multi-line phone system;
- receiving and directing visitors;
- processing incoming mail;
- logging receipts and payment vouchers;
- preparing outgoing mail;
- managing and sending messages to multiple listservs;
- distributing meeting agendas;
- drafting and distributing commission meeting minutes;
- drafting commission order templates and distributing to parties;
- using Adobe Dreamweaver to post agendas, minutes and orders online and complete minor website updates as directed;
- handling other duties as assigned by supervisor;
- providing back-up coverage to other administrative support staff by responding to docket filers, posting docket filings online, and scheduling meetings.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
An Associate's degree in business or administrative services and experience working with electronic documents and processes is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- general office procedures;
- electronic filing and document processes including working with websites, PDFs and file transfer protocols;
- business English including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- strong understanding of computer hardware and software;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Access and Excel;
- proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Dreamweaver;
- superior organizational skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- meticulous attention to detail;
- strong communication skills, including proofreading;
- solid reading comprehension, listening and critical thinking skills;
- aptitude for learning and adapting new skills.
- organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up with minimal direction;
- stay focused amid distractions;
- understand and follow verbal and written instructions;
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside contacts;
- appropriately handle confidential information;
- use and maintain office equipment such as photocopier, scanner and printers.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three work-related or professional reference.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/ . This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FQZ
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"